Saturday, October 18, 2014

Esprit de She

After four years, I'm going back to San Diego to take on the Esprit de She.
It wasn't called that four years ago. Then it was called U.S. Women's Triathlon.
Same event with a different name.

I'm a different triathlete.

Four years ago when I got in the water at Mission Bay for the start of the 750 meter swim, it was the first time I had EVER put on a wetsuit. I had rented one online from Xterra. I can't remember how much it was, but I do remember that if I decided to keep the wetsuit, I would just pay another $29. That seemed reasonable.
Not only was it the first time I had ever put on a wetsuit, it was also the first time I had EVER attempted to swim in open water.
I had completed a couple of reverse sprint triathlons with a swim in a pool at the end, but this was OPEN WATER!!!!

Somewhere in blog history I think there is a recap of that first open water swim triathlon.

Basically it went like this.

Gun goes off and I start to swim free-style. That lasts for about three minutes because I can't get enough air so I turn on my back and backstroke. I backstroked the entire swim.

I will NOT be doing that this year. This year I'll be swimming the entire swim course free-style.

I don't remember much else about that tri except that after the swim, I biked around Fiesta Island two times and then ran the 5k and then I finished and I was happy.

This year I am expecting my bike and run to be the same - ending with the happy.
Okay, well, maybe this year I'll be happier.

This year Athleta Esprit de She is giving a Moxie Cycling commemorative tank jersey. The also are giving all the participants a one-year subscription to SELF magazine; two free drinks at the Bubbly Bar, along with a GoVino wine glass, free massages, mini manicures and hair braiding (which won't apply to me since my hair is NOT long enough to braid); and an I ASPIRE photo booth and souvenir photo.

I'm really happy that I'll be representing Eternal Water at the Esprit de She. Eternal Water is one of the events sponsors.


Here's one of the best parts of my weekend!!!

The inside of my house is getting painted right now and I am SOOO glad that I will NOT be spending the night in a paint-smelly house.

I will not be spending the night among this.


Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa Hotel, CA - Pool


I will be staying here!

Already this Triathlon is better than the one four years ago!





No comments:

Post a Comment