Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wild Party Party Week!

Oh yeah!
I got my party on this week and who could blame me.
The Tour (Tour de France) started last Saturday. Then I went to a friend's retirement party. I worked out for one day by painting a bathroom and laundry room. Then I celebrated my 26th Wedding Anniversary on Monday, my 52nd birthday on Tuesday, and the Fourth of July on Wednesday. My sister's birthday was on Thursday and yippee it's Friday today.

Even with all the celebrations I did manage to get some training in....though not any running. Doc says 3 to 4 more weeks of NO running, which is really torturous when my guy says, "Oh, I am going out for a run," and then he is gone for a couple of hours.
AAUUUGGGHHHH!
Who knew I would ever be JEALOUS of someone who was out running.

To make up for not being able to run, I signed up for mapmyride.com's Tour Challenge. I signed up to ride 544 miles in the 23 days of the tour.

If they can ride, I can ride.

I just can't ride as far every day, and I don't have devils, Vikings or half naked men chasing me!


Yeah, that's what I am talking about!

As of today, the Tour has ridden 764 miles. I have ridden 154.4 miles.
Not as much as those pros, but I have ridden EVERY DAY that they have. My knee is good. My butt is a little sore.

For our Anniversary, Robert and I went to Belmont Shore and swam at Bayshore (aka Horny Corner). No joke. I don't make these things up.....you just go and google Horny Corner and see what you come up with.
After our swim we took a ride in a gondola around Naples Island.
We probably could have swam around the island faster than our gondolier propelled us, but it would not have been as romantic and we would not have had Frank Sinatra playing in the background...unless we had been swimming with our H20 audio headphones.
I
The guy in the back (who just happened to be a student at UCR, R being for Riverside - where Robert and I live, and he was off for the summer and back living at his mom and dad's and earning some bucks. It is a small world).
I didn't lift any weights this week. Except for these -


Let's not forget that EVERY DAY for the past 7 days I have pedaled my bike for 20 plus miles - EVERY DAY!

So after several days of straight celebrating, I got a little more serious today and swam at Lake Perris. It was windy and lots of boats were in the water at at about 1000 yards I felt as if I was in a washing machine.
After I puked in the water, I knew it was time to get out. Luckily, I had some Ginger Altoids in my car.
I pulled it together and was able to ride my 20 plus miles.

You may think this is the end of my week.....but NO!

Tonight my friend took me to see Magic Mike!
The entire theater was filled with women.
And who can blame them.
This made me feel very patriotic!

Too bad these aren't the half naked guys at the Tour!!


The end of my party week is in sight.....after tomorrow night. To celebrate our birthdays my sister and I are going out together to see a Queen Tribute band.

I may need a rest day to recuperate from my celebration week....or at least a long bike ride.





No comments:

Post a Comment