Thursday, August 16, 2012

What-nots and Tidbits

What-not:
Well, I didn't do anything planned for 7 days because I was on VACATION!........
but I did manage to do a lot....

I rode my bike up and down the trail from our campsite to Newport and back several times (round-trip 18 miles) ....

That is not me...but I think my dog pooped somewhere along there and I had to pick it up.

I walked the dog to dog beach and then ran (well, I tentatively jogged in the sand) for several hundred feet with the dog....

That's the dog...not me!!!!


I did jump in the water and use my porpoise kick to get in the waves and then I had to use my body strength to get out of the undertow that was trying to pull me out to the some island.
Beautiful, but dangerous.

We used all the toys we brought on our vacation -

Photo: Toys for the day!

even the one I didn't know we had until the third night when everyone was tired and bored of campfires and s'mores.
It seems my guys bought an antennae for the RV while I wasn't looking so they could watch TV. They tried to pass it off as a good thing for ME, so I could watch the Tour or the Olympics while we camp.
Uhm, guess what we watched this year?
AMERICA HAS (no) TALENT

I watched a guy play air guitar...Sorry, but holy shit, I could do that and I wouldn't look like I was trying to get myself off....

Ah-uh, you know what I mean.

And FYI note to myself for next year - NO SHARK WEEK SHOWS WHILE VACATIONING AT THE BEACH.


TIDBITS!!!

When I can home I had my first TIMEX FACTORY TEAM surprise:
Yeah!!! My Timex watch! This was one of the perks of being on the Timex Factory Team!

I really needed that new watch.

Dang, I am going to stop using micro on my camera...it makes me have TOO many wrinkles on my arms. But I did just go to the dermatologist, so that mole you see is okay. No worries.

My old TIMEX watch is at the top...it is BIG and it is worn out....I love that the new one is smaller, but still has all the great features.

My new TIMEX watch is on the top...It is a lot smaller than my old watch.
  Also notice that my old watch was so worn out that I had to keep the band down with a hair band.
Now I need to find a place to carry my extra hairband in case of a hair emergency....Oh, and I have had those.

Thank you TIMEX FACTORY TEAM!
I can't wait to pair my watch up with my AQUAPHOR team clothes and actually enjoy an event......

Cripes, that will be this Saturday, when I am suppose to run a 5k...though I have not actually run since my laundry injury.
(see past blogs if you don't know what I am whining about)

I have been train(ing)-n-tri(ing)....just not running.
Saturday's Kevin Cook Run will be my tri-it back into running.

I am going to be happy even if I have to walk!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment