Sunday, February 10, 2013

I Had my First Date With Hector!

It finally happened.
Hector and I went out on our first date today.
It was fabulous.
 
If our first date is any indication, our relationship is going to go smoothly.
 
In the short time that I have known him, Hector already has taught me a lot about patience.
I met Hector online on CyberMonday in November.
We didn't actually meet face to face for about 3 weeks.
I really wanted to go out with him, but something always seemed to get in the way.
First I could not find the right shoes to wear for our first outing. It took several weeks until I found the perfect pair.
 
Then I found out that Hector did have a slight problem and he needed an adjustment.
Another week went by while he got his problem taken care of. All of this time Hector has hung out in my office area.
On those nights when I tried to get some work done on the computer, it has been difficult to have him in the same room. Even though he is very quiet, I could feel his presence.
I just wanted to grab him and go out with him, but it wasn't the right time.
 
Until this morning.
 
I put on my new shoes (and pedals) and we went for a 20-miles ride.
 
Hector and I are a perfect fit...
 
Well, except for the saddle.
 


2 comments:

  1. Good! Sorry, I do NOT think there is a perfect fit saddle!!! I used to use 2 of those saddle covers over the seat...still....sigh, hurt after a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found the smaller the saddle the better it feels to me....in the case of bike seats, bigger and fluffier is NOT better.

      Delete