Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Giving up Alcohol for Lent! Again and Again and ?

This will be my third year in a row to give up Alcohol for Lent....and I am still not Catholic.
 
I know it won't be hard to give up alcohol for Lent. I mean, I have already done it two times. Last year, I barely snuck in on the Lent timeline.
 
My blog last year about lent:
 
 
My first year of giving up alcohol for Lent was just a test and a way to lose a few pounds.
 
My blog in 2012 about lent:
 
 
Okay, so now you are all caught up on my relationship with Lent.
 
Let me tell you about this year.
 
I knew Lent was coming up, I just didn't know when. So a couple of weeks ago I googled to see when it would start.
March 5.
So I had lots of time to prepare...to think about if I even wanted to participate in Lent this year, and if I did participate, what would I give up.
 
 
I do have a few pounds I need to lose and giving up alcohol (aka red wine and a beer) would be the easiest way to lose those pounds, so that was an easy decision.
 
Uhm, well, not easy because I do like to have a glass of good cabernet in the evening or a dark beer after a bike ride, but it was the easiest thing for me to think of to give up.
 
Yeah, I looked at the list above and I am NOT giving up my coffee, or sex,...and I don't eat friend food, use sugar, smoke or procrastinate.
 
After my Tuesday night bike ride tonight, my son and I went to Trader Joe's to get salad's for dinner and I got a bottle of wine to go with my salad.
 
It's my "FAT TUESDAY" wine.
 
 
Since I have already proved to myself that I can give up alcohol for Lent, which is only 46 days, I thought I should up the ante so to speak....and no, I am NOT giving up gambling (no worries, my lottery team ladies, I shall continue to gamble our money so we can win).

 
For the next 40 days I WILL give up Bejeweled Blitz.
Now, I am sure no one but Rusty Shackleford cares about this, since he is the only one who sends me requests.
Sorry Rusty, but for the next 46 days I will not be answering your requests. You, my friend, are going to have to Blitz on without me.
 
Okay, so it seems as if I should throw something else in there to make it good...like a tri-fecta (since I am NOT giving up gambling).
 
 
 
 I am giving up cleaning my boys' bathroom for Lent.
Some of you may say, "What? I thought you already gave that up?"
Yes, I did, but sometimes when no one is looking, I go in there and grab an armload of dirty towels and wash them.
NO MORE!!!! For Lent!!!!!
I am just going to shut the door as I walk by.
I am going to padlock the hall cupboard that has all the beach towels in them. Why? Because after they (boy 16 and boy 21) go through all the bathroom towels and throw them on the floor, they head (naked dripping wet) into the hall to get a beach towel.
And soon I don't have any beach towels for my pool swims.
But NO MORE!!!
 
For Lent - this is going to STOP!!!!
 
I am going to suffer and no longer clean their bathroom (ugh) OR wash any dirty boy towels for Lent!

Ah, maybe without all those looming piles of towels before me, I won't even be wanting a glass of wine or a bottle of beer.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment