Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankfulness

 
One day a year hardly seems adequate.
 
During the next year, I am going to end every blog with something I am grateful for.
 
Today I'll just start my list.
 
I am grateful for my family, my friends and my health.
 
I am grateful that today I get to get up and ride my bike with my son and some friends to a nearby Starbucks where I can gratefully get a hot cup of Joe....and then ride back home.
 
Grateful for my guy....Grateful for my bike.
 
I am grateful I am only in charge of re-heating Trader Joe's fabulous brussel sprouts, squash and green beans for Thanksgiving dinner. I am grateful my guy already bought all the pies and wine and all we have to do is show up at my mom's house.
I am SOOOOO grateful for my mom hosting Thanksgiving.
 
 
I am grateful I am in great shape and have awesome health. Since I exercise almost everyday (sometimes twice a day) I don't have to worry about having that extra helping of cranberries, or the second piece of pie, at least for today.
 I am grateful I have a fast working metabolism and it will only take me a day or two to work off that extra pound.
It would be terrible to be skinny.....I am muscle-slim, with a little extra around my middle, but I am working on my 50ish-fat.
 
I am grateful I have triathlon in my life because it is a fun way to stay physically active and in shape. Juggling swimming, biking, running, strength training, and yoga (okay, and some gardening, housework and laundry) keeps my entire body in shape.
I am so grateful for all the friends I have made in triathlon - they are a dedicated bunch of athletic people who are positive, uplifting and supportive.
 
I know I already mentioned my family and I am grateful for all of them.
I am SOOO grateful the fates arranged for Robert and me to meet 26 years ago. Not only is he the perfect husband for me, but he is my constant friend, supporter and workout pal.
Kandi DeCarlo
GRATEFUL!!!
 
 
My list could go on and on....
 
I am so grateful I get to train-n-tri.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment