Monday, April 22, 2013

My Legs are Toast

 
That's how I felt today at the end of my bike/run brick.
 
 
In the middle of Sunday's ride, I told Robert my legs were toast.
 
Why?
 
I have been using them hard the past 5 days - Mountain biking on Wednesday, bike/run brick on Thursday, swim/bike brick on Friday, 30-ish bile bike on Saturday to get coffee; and Sunday...
 
McAllister on my tri-bike.
It was part of the bike/run brick, with the run feeling more like cement shoes than a brick.
 
I was hoping riding McAllister on my bike would help me made a decision.
 
 
I'm signed up for the Olympic Distance at Wildflower, but I'm still in a quandary about which bike to ride.
Looking at the bike course map, my mind tells me to bring Sara, my road bike, because she is geared for hills and even though I RETIRED her from triathlon, she still wants to participate.
 
My mind says bring Sara.
 
 My heart tells me to bring Hector, my tri-bike. He has participated in a couple of triathlons....a flat sprint and a sprint with a couple of uphills. The uphills were hard and he doesn't like them. But he LOVES the downhills and the flats.
My heart says to bring Hector.
 
There are pros and cons to Sara and Hector.
 
Sara is a climber. I can just spin my legs and she just goes and goes up those hills, but I have to work hard to get her going fast on the flats and the downhills.
 
Hector is phenomenal on the flats and the downhills. I can go downhill faster NOT pedaling on Hector than I can pedaling on Sara. But Hector is hideous on hills. I mean, he hurts me.
 
Oh, and there is Steve, my mountain bike, but he went to Wildflower last year, so he's staying home.
 
Over the next couple of days, I'll be resting my toasted legs and swimming.
 
Good plans and ideas always come to me while I'm swimming up and down the lane at the pool, over and over and over and over and over again.
 
Which bike do you think I should bring?
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment