Thursday, March 29, 2012

Starting to Feel Like Me Again!

I haven't sat in my blogging chair for a few days. I just wasn't me. Mix in my coach wanting me to be a full-time runner, with a death in the family, then my husband gone for 5 days, leaving me home to be a single parent, while I was working full-time (teacher) and part-time (personal fitness trainer), AND trying to get all my training in - and I GOT LOST!!!!!!


I'm back.

After continually sniveling to my coach, he acquiesced and changed my workout. I now get to swim, bike and RUN and strength train. I am much happier. He warned me though, that eventually I am going to have to hunker down and do MORE running.

I ran more this month than I have EVER ran in one month. I still have two days left in this month and I have pounded out 47.41 miles. Please don't snicker or laugh. For me, that is a lot!!!!

Guy is now home and our schedule is back to normal. On those days that I teach and I walk out the door to work leaving the dishwasher unloaded and pile of towels in the dryer, I know he will pick up the slack.
I didn't know there was an actual device for adjusting slack.


Well, I did get some training in this week. Not all of it, but I sure tried! Until Wednesday. After three days of working in a 1st grade class and sending 7 of the darlings home sick, I felt as if I was coming down with something. I had a headache and had a fever. I crawled into bed at 5:30 p.m. and slept for almost 14 hours. I missed my Master Swim class, but sleep was more important. Luckily, I did NOT have to work today.


So what did I do on my day off? Can you believe it - I ran. I ran 5.43 miles to get my winning lottery tickets for tomorrow night's $540 million Mega Million draw. When my lottery group wins, the first thing I am doing is buying myself a tri-bike and one of those new Garmin 910xt watches.

Then I went for a swim.

I continue to visualize that I look like this when I am swimming.

I am feeling like myself again.

Swimming, biking, running, strength training, working, training, blogging, writing....I even worked in my yard today, mowing the lawn. I enjoyed it!


No, this is not my lawnmower, but it sure looks fun!

It feels good to be back in my blogging chair. It feels good to be me!

I'm back to train(ing)-n-tri(ing)!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment