Monday, January 23, 2012

Marvelous Monday

This Marvelous Monday went by in a blink.

The alarm went off at 5:15 a.m. and I had ever intention of jumping out of bed and going out to the garage gym for 45 minutes of strength training before getting ready for work.


Hand Hitting An Old-Fashioned Alarm Clock - Royalty Free Clipart Picture  Instead I reached out and hit the snooze button - not once, twice or three times, but four times. I mentally rearranged my day and moved strength training to AFTER work.

Six hours and 45 minutes with all-day kindergartners on a rainy day is an endurance event in itself. The little darlings came into the classroom early because they couldn't play outside and they couldn't go outside for recesses. Plus lunch got cut short. I spent the day working on bladder strengthening.



My first stop at home was the freezer in the garage refrigerator to grab that delicious Spinach and Chicken Sausage Lasagna I had bought at Costco. It almost overcooked while I lifted. I had popped it in the oven on my way out to the garage gym and told a boy to pull it out when the oven buzzer went off. About an hour later the other boy came in and asked me if I needed someone to take the food out of the oven.  "Is the buzzer going off?" I asked.  "Yeah, for a while," he said.

I brought my heart rate up as I ran into the house to pull the brown around the edges meal out of the oven.  I yelled that dinner was ready and grabbed my gym bag. I ordered the family to leave me a piece of lasagna and headed out the door.

5:30 - LA Fitness Pool. Carolyn and I met to practice our floating on our sides, our breathing, our winging and our rolling. 900 yards later we were both mentally exhausted from thinking of all the rules and we called it a night.



I stopped by the store on the way home to pick up cereal, coffee and a bottle of wine. Coffee - an important breakfast staple for me in the morning, cereal for a boy and the wine for, well, a glass of recovery tonight.

Another day of Train-n-Tri ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment