Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Year is Planned and Paid for! Well, kind of....

Got my 2012 event line-up planned and paid for....so there is no looking back, only forward....

 
Here is the line-up:

  • Jan. 21 - Grape Fun Ride (63 miles bike and wine tasting (just can't get enough of biking and wining - it's better than biking and whining).
  • Feb. 25 - Race on the Base - Sprint Triathlon
  • March 4 - Desert International (My first Olympic Distance)
  • April 7 - Grape Stomp - Sprint Triathlon
  • April 15 - Tri-Event Series 1 (500m lake swim, 24k bike, 5k run)
  • April 21 - Seal Beach 5k run (not sure if I am actually running this or pacing a client).
  • May 4 - Wildflower Mountain Bike Triathlon (my first mountain bike triathlon!)
  • May 12 - Tri-Event Series 2 (1k lake swim, 26.1k bike, 8k run)
  • May 20 - Pasadena 1/2 marathon
  • June 10 - Tri-Event Series 3 (1.5k lake swim, 39k bike, 10k run)
  • October 21 - SOMA (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run)
Here's where the "Well, kind of," comes into play....along the way my Triathlon Connection group will plan to participate in other events. And I continue to get swept along in their enthusiasm. Though I have not paid for these additional events, I will. So add Feb. 19 Steelman Sprint Triathlon to the calendar, as well as Tinman Sprint Triathlon in June, along with a few others I am sure. 

And even I can see a BIG GAPING hole between my event in June and my BIG "A" event in October, so I plan on adding more events then. But come November, my big event is REST. (giggle) Yeah, right. I say that every year. But here in Sunny Southern California there is always "fill in the blank with the name of some running/biking/swimming event" to have fun at!

Got my credit card in hand and just about to go to Active.com. The just sent me an email that I can SAVE $20 by registering for an event through Advantage (which I paid to be a member of so that I can save money!)

Eeny, meeny, miny, mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment