Thursday, May 10, 2012

National Bike Month

I got my ride on today....outside.
Usually on Thursday I go to the 6:45 p.m. spin class at LA Fitness. The last time I went to the class someone was on the bike I usually ride and I had to ride a different bike in a different aisle. It just didn't feel right.

I received an email from peopleforbikes today and it motivated me to take the extra effort and ride outside....and on my own bike.




Thank you Riverside Bicycle Club for having a nice Thursday evening ride. We started 6:30 p.m. from the Bakers on Adams and headed out toward my familiar pedaling grounds - Irving, Monroe, Victoria, Dufferin-

Palm Trees and Orange Groves with hawks in the sky.
My kind of ride!

Bike Month
In case you haven't got your May bike ride in yet, you can ride your bike to work next week for National Bike to Work Week (May 14-18) or just ride your bike to work next Friday for National Bike to Work Day (May 18).

For cyclists that like to log the miles you can always sign up for the National Bike Challenge (May 1 - Aug. 31).

The National Bike Challenge is a free program with the goal of uniting 50,000 people to bike 10 million miles.

I signed up...my goal is to pedal 850 miles of those 10,000,000 miles.





So get a friend and go on a bike ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment