Friday, May 11, 2012

Round 2 - TriEvents Championship Series

Tri Events

Tomorrow morning I will be competing in the TriEvents Championship Series #2.

I bought into all three of the events on the day after Thanksgiving. Yep, it was a BLACK FRIDAY sale and I could not pass up the deal.

The first tri was pretty short and sweet - swim 500m, bike 23.3k, and 5k run. My goal for the first one was to swim the lake swim calmly and have fun and get out of my wetsuit quickly. I met my goals and the event was a success.

Tomorrow's event is a 1k swim, 27k bike and 8.8k run. The swim is LOOONNNNNGER, the bike just a tad longer and the run a little longer than last time.

I don't think I have fully recovered from my Wildflower weekend last weekend. And really I didn't take much of a break this week because I have the Pasadena 1/2 Marathon next weekend, so I put foot in shoe and hit the pavement this week. My coach should be happy. My legs are not.


After last month's TriEvent, I had made all sorts of improvement goals for myself. Yes, I would be racing a longer distance, but I still wanted to step it up.

Tonight I don't even want to take a step.

So I am giving myself a break, throwing those pre-set goals out the window and setting a low bar for myself.


My goals for tomorrow's tri - have a calm, fun swim, run all the way up the ramp and have my wetsuit halfway off before I get to my bike in the transition area, get the rest of my wetsuit off quickly and get out of T1 quicker than I did last time. The bike and run, well, I am just going to enjoy it, push myself a little, but mostly just enjoy the time out on the course and try not to do too much damage to my legs.

I do have a 1/2 marathon to run next weekend.

event halfmarathon


No comments:

Post a Comment