Saturday, May 12, 2012

TriEvents Series 2.....Done!

It was a beautiful day at Bonelli Park. The lake water was warm and the breeze was gentle.


I haven't seen the results yet, so I can't tell you how fast or slow I swam the 1000 meters. I can only tell you that I swam freestyle the entire way with just a couple of breaststrokes when I needed to sight and the sun was in my eyes. I wasn't at the front of the pack, but I wasn't at the back.

I ran up the hill to transition and had my wetsuit half off, goggles, cap, earplugs and SwimSafe in hand by the time I hit my spot.

Again, I haven't seen times, but I did NOT stand in transition shivering like last time. My fingers are crossed that I got out of T1 quicker than last time.
I don't need to see any times to tell you that my bike speeds ranged from 34 mph down one hill to 9 mph up another. My legs still weren't recovered from Wildflower last weekend and all the running I have done this week, so I didn't push it on the bike or the run.

I actually enjoyed the run. (Don't tell my coach, he may think that means I want to run more). Maybe I enjoyed it because I jogged/ran/walked with three other women. We chatted along the way. I gave a GU to one of the ladies. I gave a pep talk to another one who was sure her performance today meant she would not be able to do the Half-Ironman distance she has already signed up for in July. I set her straight.



Just take what you have and keep training-n-triing!


Me, Barb (it was her first triathlon) and Jeanne (it was her first open water swim tri).

No comments:

Post a Comment