Monday, May 21, 2012

Pasadena Half Marathon

My entire Pasadena Half Marathon yesterday can be summed up with my coach's words to my husband after the event: "You know, if Kandi wants to do the Half Ironman, she is going to have to run more."


And by running more, I am sure he doesn't mean just in the week leading up to the event, but every day, every week, every month....

Today I am walking around with a stiff knee slathered in Biofreeze.

Here's why: In January I ran 38.85 miles; February, 37.27 miles; March 50.41 miles; April 21.63 miles; during the 9 days between May 8 and May 17, 23.31 miles.
Yesterday 13.1 miles.

As soon as my knee is better I am getting on a regular running schedule and sticking to it....so I will NEVER have a repeat of the Pasadena Half Marathon 2012 again.

Start to mile 9 - fabulous
Mile 10 - ouch, my knee is starting to hurt
Mile 11 - walk 50 paces, run 100 paces and realizing that I am not going to break the 2:30 mark
Mile 12 - Please Mr Medic, can you tape some ice on me!
Then walk 100 paces, hobble jog 25 paces, then fast walk.
Mile 13 - fast walk
Mile 13.05 jog because I refuse to walk across the finish line


Tomorrow is a new day to Train-n-Tri.



No comments:

Post a Comment