Saturday, February 25, 2012

Race on the Base Update!

Race on The BaseRace on the Base 2012 Results


A quick wrap-up of today's Race on the Base event:

I came in 8th place out of 33. That is exactly what place I got last year, though last year there were only 29 women competing in my division.



This year's run was 3.7 miles and it took me 37.06 minutes. I really can't compare it with last year's run because last year's run was shorter. 

T1 - I was 7 second longer in T1 transition this year.

Bike - I was 2.11 minutes faster this year. Maybe because of my aerobars and my great bike fit from Coach Tony.

T2 - I was 1.78 minutes faster this year. Which cracks me up, because I tried to get out of my bike shoes while they were still on my bike and it was a DISASTER! I got my foot out of the right shoe and it spun around and hit the ground. So I had to unclip my left foot and dismount. Once off the bike I had to stop and take off my left shoe and then unclip my right shoe from my bike and then run with my shoes in my hand while holding my bike. I really don't like running in my bike shoes, so I need to find a solution to this problem.

Swim - .25 minutes faster than last year. I ran to the pool and jumped in with my socks on. I pulled them off as I dunked under the lane line at the end of the first 50 meter lap. I threw them up on deck and continued to freestyle the entire rest of the way. That's right....No backstroking for me. It was all freestyle. My breathing was erratic - some breathing on the left side and some on the right, with no rhyme or reason to my breathing, other than to just get air.

All in all, I am happy with my time and place. It was 2:53:3 minutes longer than last year's time, but the race run was longer this year! I think the bike leg was longer also.

The best part was sharing the fun day with my fit friends!


Also Congratulations to the "younger" Triathlon Connection crowd. They got to race in Wave 1 and they rocked the house!!!!! Us "older" athletes had to wait until 10:45 for our wave to take off. We think next year the over 40 crowd should get to go first!

No comments:

Post a Comment